AACTA TV Information for Jurors
AACTA TV is the online streaming service that provides jurors with access to the productions entered in the category which they are judging.
As a juror, there are a number of technical requirements that need to be met during the viewing and voting period.
Jurors will need access to a computer and broadband internet during the judging period and will need to ensure internet access is maintained until their judging has been completed.
In order to stream video files in full screen mode, your computer will need minimal graphic processing capabilities. Moderate capabilities may be required to stream HD video files in full screen mode.
AACTA TV operates on any computer (Windows, Mac etc) so long as it has access to the internet and the most current version of at least one web browser installed (eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer etc). Please see below for further information on
AACTA recommends that jurors use a large monitor and good quality speakers or headphones in order to experience the entries at their best. AACTA TV can also be streamed on your TV via Airplay and Chromecast or on your IOS or Android devices.
- Airplay: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch allow streaming to Airplay enabled devices over Wi-Fi via Airplay mirroring. Please note that an internet connection is required on the Airplay enabled device. For detailed instructions on enabling Airplay Mirroring on your iOS device, visit Apple’s Support Site.
- iOS: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch support streaming in 720p on iOS8 and iOS7, and in 480p on iOS6 and earlier. iPhone 6 Plus and iPad’s with retina displays support streaming in 1080p.
- Chromecast: The Google Chrome browser must have the Google Cast extension installed on your Windows, Mac or Chromebook computer. For more information, visit the Chromecast Support Site.
- Android (version 4.0 or later) is supported on the following desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome version 37 or later on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later and Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Snow Leopard).
- Internet Explorer 11 or later on Windows 8.1 or later.
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
- Mozilla Firefox version 42 or later on Windows Vista or later (supported on stable, official release builds from Mozilla – non-Mozilla builds are not supported).
- Opera version 33 or later on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later and Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
- Safari on Mac OS X 10.10 or later (supported on all 2012 or later models and select 2011 models).
- Resolution (stream in HD if your internet connection supports 5 megabits per second or more):
- Google Chrome: up to 720p
- Internet Explorer: up to 1080p
- Microsoft Edge: up to 1080p
- Mozilla Firefox: up to 720p
- Opera: up to 720p
- Safari: up to 1080p on Mac OS X 10.10.3 or later