Television – Comedy
UPPER MIDDLE BOGAN creators Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope accepting the AACTA Award for Best Television Comedy Series at the 6th AACTA Awards.
Television Comedy Series entries for the 7th AACTA Awards are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 14 July 2017
$1,350 - Television Comedy Series
In order to be eligible, a Television Comedy Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 20 October 2017.
- Be a comedy series of a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length and no more than one full television hour in length each.
- Be either:
- Self-contained stories or a continuing story with an ongoing plot and characters (narrative or situation comedy); or
- A series of unrelated sketches (sketch comedy).
- The entrant may submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Television Comedy Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Television Comedy Series category, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than five Award candidates are listed on the Form, then all Award candidates listed on the Form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT