Television – Light Entertainment
THE WEEKLY WITH CHARLIE PICKERING producers Kevin Whyte, Chris Walker and Frank Bruzzese, with Kitty Flanagan and Tom Gleeson, accepting the AACTA Award for Best Light Entertainment Television Series at the 5th AACTA Awards.
Light Entertainment Television Series entries for the
7th AACTA Awards are now open.
ENTRIES & MATERIALS DEADLINE
5pm, Friday 14 July 2017
$1,350 - Light Entertainment Television Series
In order to be eligible, a Light Entertainment Television Series must:
- Be an Australian production produced for television.
- Have had the first episode of the entered series / season broadcast in Australia for the first time between 14 October 2016 and 20 October 2017.
- Be a variety style, quiz, infotainment, magazine, game show or other substantially non-scripted program.
- Have a potentially unlimited number of episodes, but no fewer than four episodes, each of which is no less than one half television hour in length.
- The entrant may submit up to two episodes for judging. These episodes will be judged as a single entry for the Best Light Entertainment Television Series Award but as individual entries for all other Awards.
This definition excludes traditional news and current affairs programs (where the primary objective is to inform rather than entertain), Lifestyle Television Series, Reality Television Series and Documentary Television Program.
MEMBERSHIP & ENTRY
Any production entered into the AACTA Awards (or AFI Awards) for a previous year is ineligible.
Late entries will not be accepted.
In order to be eligible to enter the Light Entertainment Television Series category, a minimum of five Award candidates listed on the form must be current AACTA members. In the event that less than five Award candidates are listed on the Form, then all Award candidates listed on the Form must be current AACTA members. In the event that fewer than five Award candidates qualify for AACTA membership, then AFI membership will be counted as “AACTA membership” for the purposes of this rule.
Please refer to the 7th AACTA Awards Rule Book for details of all Rules and Regulations.
RULES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENT